Chair: Daniel Barnett
Keynote Session 1: Getting the Right Answers out of Occupational Health
Speaker: Gillian Howard
In this session, Gillian Howard (known as 'The Rottweiller with the Handbag') will discuss:
- choosing the right occupational health provider
- asking the questions that matter
- getting them to commit to an opinion
- clarifying, correcting and amplifying the report
Member Spotlight 1: Five Epic HR Failures
Speaker: Dianne Lambdin
A fun look at some very different types of HR failures – how businesses have got the people stuff completely wrong without trying very hard.
Member Spotlight 2: Beyond Flexible Working
Speaker: Jo Mosley
A practical look at what works and the positive impact flexible working can have on organisations: how can HR create environments that encourage all our people to flourish and address the imbalance of women and other underrepresented groups in leadership.
Keynote Session 2: Tales of the Unintended
Speaker: Dr Roger Miles
In this session, Dr Roger Miles will demonstrate:
- how well-meant interventions provoke presenteeism
- why rule makers are not the people who should make rules
- where misconduct comes from
- the most under-used resource in your (and every) organisation
Member Spotlight 3: Business, Lifestyle and Relationships - how looking after the leaders will impact HR
Speaker: Donna Negus
Donna explores the proactive arm of the business which is looking after the business, lifestyle and relationships of business owners and employees alike.
Member Spotlight 4: Tales from the Tribunal
Speaker: Quentin Colborn
A light-hearted look at cases Quentin has seen, in his capacity as a tribunal wing member, and a few learning points.
Keynote Session 3: Designing Organisations where People Flourish
Speaker: Perry Timms
In this session, you will learn:
- how to design a better culture in your workplace
- how to use tech tools to get rid of tedious work
- being quirky - how it can work (and why it sometimes flops)
Member Spotlight 5: HR in an Emoji World
Speaker: Nancy Prest
HR needs to be more flexible in the approach to when policies and statutes says ‘written’. Is an emoji ‘written’?
Member Spotlight 6: Four Ways to Promote your HR Consultancy
Speaker: Claire Vane
As business owners or consultancy leads we have to combine selling to clients with client delivery. We also have to promote the business itself and do this as effectively as possible. Claire Vane discusses four methods for promoting an HR Consultancy, including driving web traffic and shared networking.
Keynote Session 4: The Mystery of Motivation
Speaker: Sophie Bennett
Sophie Bennett, author of 'Find Your Flame', will discuss:
- the 5 types of motivation and how to access them
- tools to uncover people’s hidden drive
- what psychometric tests don’t tell you
- the biochemistry of drive
Chair: Daniel Barnett
It's completely free for members of the HR Inner Circle (although we ask for a £40+VAT deposit to ensure your attendance. If you don't turn up, you forfeit the deposit.)
You can join the HR Inner Circle for £86+VAT per month - scroll down for details.
Alternatively, standard tickets cost £400+VAT.
Yes, we'll be filming the entire conference and sending the videos to all members of the HR Inner Circle (whether you come or not).
Errr.... yes. It's 2019. But we do ask you not to use mobile devices during the talks, as it's distracting for people around you.