2. Your Monthly CD and .mp3
Choose between a CD or .mp3 file every month (or have both!), specially recorded for you by Daniel Barnett. The CDs contain practical HR advice, legal tips, shortcuts, and sometimes a short seminar on a hot employment law or HR topic. It's information you can't get elsewhere and is exclusively produced by Daniel Barnett for members of the HR Inner Circle. Want to know what's on them? We keep the details confidential, but here are the titles of a few recent CDs:-
- Getting the best out of an occupational health referral
- Holiday pay hell
- Planning for a terms & conditions change
- Managing disability-related absence
- Being or briefing a witness at an employment tribunal hearing
- Unorthodox redundancy selection
- Absence management and disability discrimination
- Drafting and using flexibility and mobility clauses
- Social media issues in the workplace
- Data Protection for HR Professionals
- How to Fire Well
You can listen in your car or on your computer, and learn really practical stuff to help you manage change and give good HR advice. But if you'd prefer them as an .mp3 to play on your iPhone, you can have that too.
Cost if purchased individually: £97 per CD
4. Private Facebook Discussion Group
As a member of the HR Inner Circle, you'll have access to an exclusive online private members area on Facebook where you can post questions and discuss workplace disputes, toxic employees and other difficult HR problems, tapping into the knowledge and experience of other members of the Inner Circle, all within a confidential, no-holds-barred environment. This is also where our online live video Q&A streams takes place.
You can also share precedents and benefit from downloading the templates that others have shared.
This is a huge source of comfort and support. We'll have you up and running in the group within 24 hours of joining...
Value: £625 per annum
5. Quarterly Lunches
Every three months, all members are invited to a two-hour lunch with Daniel in a private dining room at a city centre 5-star hotel or top restaurant. These lunches are intimate (normally no more than 9 people, allocated on a 'first-come, first-served basis') and jam-packed with frank discussion.
You get two hours to throw all your employment law and HR questions at Daniel, whilst experiencing opulent food and ambience. Nobody else gets this sort of access to Daniel.
Daniel visits all the major cities in the UK in rotation, with forthcoming cities including Manchester, Bristol, London, Birmingham and Leeds.
Estimated value:- £197+VAT per lunch
6. Annual Conference and Networking Event
The ultimate networking event for ambitious HR professionals, wanting to learn from the best names in the business.
Hosted by Daniel Barnett, you'll hear from the most charismatic and entertaining speakers both inside and outside the HR community. There'll be fantastic networking opportunities and the chance to absorb up-to-the-minute best practice and implementation strategies.
Tickets are available to non-members of the Inner Circle for £797+VAT. All members of the HR Inner Circle are entitled to complimentary entrance, and also receive online access to a recording of the conference.
7. '999' Help Service
Once you've been a member of the Inner Circle for six months, you get access to a secret '999@HRInnerCircle.co.uk' email address which you can use if you have an urgent, important employment law issue. This is a unique opportunity to consult with Daniel in person, normally on the same day as your enquiry, in a 30 minute 1:1 telephone consultation.
You may use this service as part of your membership once a year. If you wish to use it more often, we will discuss an appropriate consultancy fee with you (but we won't, and will never, charge you anything without your agreement).
This isn't a substitute for full legal advice, but it's a pretty good start. And we can also point you in the right direction as to where to get professional help (if you want it), including consulting privately with Daniel at the discounted HR Inner Circle rates.
Value: £400+VAT per annum
8. Substantial Discounts
Also, once you've been a member of the Inner Circle for six months, you'll become automatically entitled to a fabulous range of discounts on Daniel Barnett's other products.
You'll receive big discounts on places at his training events. You'll also be entitled to reduced rates if he agrees to advise or represent your company in high-value or high-risk employment litigation, including restrictive covenant disputes, discrimination claims in the tribunal and TUPE litigation.
Value: £500+VAT per annum
Here's what you WON'T get in the Inner Circle
- Jargon or over-complicated language. We keep it simple, manageable and, above all, pragmatic.
- Sitting on the fence - Daniel is known for his practical, action-orientated, commercial advice.
- Scaremongering. We're here to help you separate what's important from what's not.
- Hidden Charges. Never. The only extra (small) fee is if you choose to upgrade to a VIP ticket for the Inner Circle Annual Conference.
- Lack of business awareness. Daniel Barnett has owned and run three successful businesses (one of which he sold to Thomson Reuters in 2011). We gear everything to the needs of your business.
- Lawyers. We're a closed community, for HR professionals and business owners only.
- Negativity. We don't judge or criticise. We help you move forward.
- People selling you things. We have no sponsors, and won't ever rent out our list to advertisers.