Terms and Conditions
1. This agreement is between you and HR Inner Circle Limited (‘HRIC’), trading as the HR Inner Circle.
2. You will pay a membership fee to us until this agreement is terminated. The fee is payable either monthly or annually, depending on our arrangement.
3. Fees are payable in advance each month (or year) by credit/debit card or direct debit. The fee falls due on each monthly or yearly anniversary of the date you joined the HR Inner Circle. You authorise HRIC to take payment from your credit or debit card (or, if direct debit, you so authorise our direct debit originator GoCardless). If your credit/debit card provider or bank rejects the payment, HRIC reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £12+VAT per missed payment.
4. If we have agreed that you can pay annually by invoice, then the annual fee falls due on each anniversary of the date you joined the HR Inner Circle, unless you have terminated your membership in advance of the anniversary auto-renewal date.
5. All benefits described as ‘monthly’ will be provided at least ten times a year.
6. New members will have immediate access to all aspects of membership, save for (a) discounts on Daniel Barnett's training products; or (b) the '999’ telephone consultation. These benefits arise once you have been a member for six months. You are entitled to use the ‘999’ telephone consultation once in each calendar year.
7. You may need to register an account with a third party provider (such as Facebook or Slack) in order to access the online forum.
8. As a member, you undertake to keep strictly confidential any matters raised or discussed by others within the HR Inner Circle, whether at meetups, online Q&A sessions, or on other occasions. This includes any matters raised or discussed in recordings of previous events. You acknowledge that any issues you raise or discuss with other members of the HR Inner Circle, or with Daniel Barnett, will probably not be protected by legal professional privilege and, in theory, anybody hearing the issues could be ordered by a court or tribunal to give evidence on what they have heard. You also run the risk that another member of the Inner Circle might not keep to their confidentiality undertaking. HRIC is not obliged to take steps to enforce any member’s confidentiality undertaking. If there has been a breach and you ask HRIC to take steps to enforce the confidentiality agreement, HRIC is not obliged to do so. If it does, you agree to indemnify HRIC for any legal costs and other expenses incurred, and further pay for the time of the directors or such persons from HRIC involved in enforcement proceedings at a rate of £250+VAT per hour.
9. With regard to the '999’ telephone consultation email service, HRIC:-
- will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period, but is under no liability if it fails to do so;
- is entitled to charge for time spent at a consultancy rate of £250+VAT per hour, with a minimum of one hour, if you use the '999’ service more than once a year. But we will not do so unless we have first notified you that you have already used your one entitlement for the year, and you have agreed to pay us at the consultancy rate;
- if the advice is provided by Daniel Barnett, it is provided in his capacity as a barrister under the Bar Public Access Scheme and the limitations of liability set out in clause 7 apply similarly to limit his personal liability. Daniel Barnett draws your attention to the Bar Standards’ Board Public Access Guidance for Lay Clients at http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/media/119600/public_access_guidance_for_lay_clients_-_mar_2010_-_as_at_25_oct_2011__1_.pdf , and the terms set out in Daniel Barnett’s standard public access instruction letter are deemed incorporated into this agreement and accepted by you (copy available on request).
10. Any legal or other information or advice produced by HRIC in pre-packaged format (including any CD or .mp3 recording, any issue of the HR Inner Circular magazine or at a conference) is produced in good faith but is not a substitute for formal legal advice from a lawyer who has considered the particular circumstances relevant to your business. You should always seek independent legal advice before relying on our content. Any liability for negligent advice or information is limited to the fee you pay for three months' membership of the HR Inner Circle.
11. Any legal or other information or advice produced by HRIC specifically for you (for example, during a Q&A call/broadcast, meetup or on a ‘999’ telephone consultation) is likewise given in good faith. However, it is off-the-cuff or swiftly given advice without taking full instructions. It is not a substitute for formal legal advice from a lawyer who has taken full instructions and considered relevant documents or the particular circumstances relevant to your business, and/or and had the opportunity to consider and reflect on the advice. You should always seek independent legal advice before relying on it. Any liability for negligent advice or information is limited to the fee you pay for six months' membership of the HR Inner Circle.
12. HRIC is not responsible for any information or advice given by other members of the HR Inner Circle, for example at meetup sessions or on the private Facebook group.
13. If your membership agreement includes nominating a colleague to also access membership benefits (for which an additional fee may be payable), then:-
- that colleague is entitled to attend the annual conference and networking event, or any lunch / Q&A session either with you or in your place (subject to availability of places);
- the colleague is not entitled to use the '999’ telephone advice service; and,
- to qualify, the colleague must be employed or engaged by the same organisation/company as you.
14. This agreement may be terminated by either party without notice, either by letter to Unit 3, Chequers Farm, Chequers Lane, Watford WD25 0LG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT: If you click 'unsubscribe' (or similar) on any of our emails, this will stop you receiving emails but does not amount to valid notice of termination of this agreement.
15. If you terminate the agreement during the month or year of your membership subscription, you will not receive any refund. If we terminate the agreement during the month or year of your membership subscription, we will issue a pro rata refund for any complete unexpired month.
16. If your membership of the HR Inner Circle ends before any conference or meetup which you were due to attend takes place, your place at conference or meetup will be cancelled. You will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
17. In providing services on behalf of HRIC, Daniel Barnett is not acting in his capacity as a practising barrister but is acting as a director and agent of HRIC, save as set out above in connection with the ‘999’ service.
18. We are entitled to ask for a small deposit when you book a place on a meetup or conference. If we do so, we will return your deposit within seven days of you cancelling your place (provided you give at least three full working days' notice) or attending the event. If you fail to attend the event, or do not give us three full working days' notice of cancellation, you forfeit the deposit.
19. HRIC may make changes to these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be notified to you by email.
20. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Terms and conditions version 3.0 - July 2018